ADSM-L

Re: 64 BIT ADSM API in ADSM 3.1.2.30 /40

1999-08-05 02:34:39
Subject: Re: 64 BIT ADSM API in ADSM 3.1.2.30 /40
From: Michael Abel <Michael.Abel AT RESNOVA DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 08:34:39 +0200
64bit processors (called RS64) today are only available in IBMs "high-end"
models labeled e.g. H70, S70 or (soon) S80. All other processors inside RS/6000
systems are "only" 32bit. Therefore it seems that you have to put your ADSM
server on a S70 or the like to exploit the 64bit features. But I assume that a
perfectly sized, configured and tuned I/O subsystem (including adapters, disks,
tapes etc.) on a 32bit machine will give you more power compared to an
"out-of-the-box" 64bit system

Regards,
Michael

"Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM> on 04.08.99 22:45:01