ADSM-L

Re: query archive using description

1999-08-03 15:42:18
Subject: Re: query archive using description
From: "Grigsby, Robert C" <robert.grigsby AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 14:42:18 -0500
Tom,

Thanks for the help! This did work. Unfortunately this was not
what I was hoping for. Let me explain what I am trying to do:

In the redbook you mentioned documented for a FULL ONLINE backup.
you do an end begin backup; archive; end backup for each
tablespace/datafile.

My hope was that by having the same description on each archive that I could
quickly identify/verify the Oracle datafiles/controlfiles/redo that was
backed up
on any given day. It appears that you must specify at least the beginning
part of the
mount point for each mount that you have datafiles residing.

Also I may have already found the answer to a question that I asked
previously,
Based on section 6.8.2 of the redbook entitled "Restoring All Tablespaces
and Data Files",
it appears you use the "recover database using backup controlfile" command
essentially
bypassing the controlfiles that never got archived successfully in the first
place.

Thanks again for the help,
Robert C Grigsby III