ADSM-L

ANR8353E error reading label of volume in drive /dev/mtx

1999-08-03 10:12:58
Subject: ANR8353E error reading label of volume in drive /dev/mtx
From: ALOES Consultant <storage AT ALOES DOT FR>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 16:12:58 +0200
Hi ADSMers,

I've got this message when trying to migrate a disk pool on a 4MM DDS3 tape.
Of course, I've asked some help to ADSM (h anr8353) and I verify that all is OK
on my system (all seems OK !!).
The problem still goes on...

With another cartridge, migration runs.

My first cartridge is a new cartridge (less of 15 days), I've done about 20 I/O
operations on it. Then, I can reuse it for tar, cpio...

Do ADSM  feel OK when reading these kinds of tape labels ? Is it reliable ?