ADSM-L

2 automated libraries -> storage pools question

1999-08-03 08:24:37
Subject: 2 automated libraries -> storage pools question
From: "Grendelman M. (Martijn)" <Martijn.Grendelman AT NL.FORTIS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 14:24:37 +0200
Hi all,

In a few weeks we will get a second automated (3575) library for our ADSM
server. My question is how to deal with that from a "storage pool point of
view".

I assume defining a new library means defining a new device class, so you
cannot span a tape storage pool over multiple libraries, is that correct?

If I (sensibly) devide my storage pools over 2 libraries, would you advise
me to have different label ranges for different libraries, or will I be fine
with one long range? I'd like to be able to put any scratch tape in any
library without having to worry about the label.

Thanks for any comment,

Martijn Grendelman
Backup manager Fortis NL