ADSM-L

Re: FW: Backing up Oracle with ADSM

1999-07-30 15:33:42
Subject: Re: FW: Backing up Oracle with ADSM
From: Don Caronna <dcaronna AT TTANK DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:33:42 -0700
You can do online backups with Oracle 7 - you just have to use EBU instead of
RMAN...
Don Caronna
Think Tank Systems, LLC

Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR> on 07/30/99
01:02:12 PM

 To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

 cc:      (bcc: Don Caronna/Los Angeles/Ttank)

SQL Backtrack does online incremental backup, while Connect Agent only does
it with Oracle 8. If you are talking about RMAN, they are even.

Check prices. SQL Backtrack has a license scheme based on the amount of
data, I believe, and the ConnAgent does it plain and simple. Could be a
differential point.

Both products have great success histories that can be shared on the list.

best regards,
Rodrigo

>Patrick, sorry I read too fast. You are talking about Oracle and not SAP.
>For Oracle, we are right now comparing two solutions:
>- ADSM Connect agent for Oracle (interface between RMAN and ADSM API)
>- SQL Backtrack from BMC Software
>Apologies,
>Rene Lambelet
>Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
>Tel: ++41'21'924'35'43 / Fax: ++41'21'924'45'89

Thank You,
Thank You,

Don Caronna
Think Tank Systems, LLC
IBM CATE/ADSM Certified Technician/Solutions Provider
Office: (562) 653-2520
Fax:    (562) 653-2560
dcaronna AT ttank DOT com
www.ttank.com