ADSM-L

Re: Cache Hit Percent below 90%

1999-07-30 12:01:20
Subject: Re: Cache Hit Percent below 90%
From: S W Branch <SWBRANC AT PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 11:01:20 -0500
> There's  640 mb memory on the server.
        The available space for the db is 8000 mb.
        Page size: 4096.
        Total usable pages: 2048000
        Used pages: 1565443.
        Approx. amount of data being backed: 40GB

As a comparison, our AIX ADSM server is pretty close to these numbers and I have
a bufferpool size of 6144 KB and get between 95-98% hit ratio. If we had the
real memory we would probably increase this allocation even more. In fact at one
point we had it closer to 10000 KB, but the cache hit ratio wasn't noticably
higher and performance appeared to be degraded so we backed off a bit.

Steve Branch
Phillips Petroleum
e-mail: swbranc AT ppco DOT com