ADSM-L

Storage pool backup while client backups are running

2015-10-04 17:41:28
Subject: Storage pool backup while client backups are running
From: Thomas Denier [mailto:Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
My site currently has client backup data sent to an MVS ADSM server during
the
night and copies the data to offsite tapes in the morning. We are having
increasingly serious problems completing the copying within the available
time. I am considering running some 'backup stgpool' commands during the
night
to get an earlier start on tape copying, but I am nervous about the
increased
contention for the ADSM database. Has anyone tried this kind of schedule?
What
kind of performance impact did it have?