ADSM-L

Re: Backup drectly to tape

1999-07-28 11:11:08
Subject: Re: Backup drectly to tape
From: Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:11:08 +0200
We are using several pools with various names, there is no need to use
'backuppool' and 'tapepool' etc.

The 'pointer' to the pools is in the copygroups. You have to change
every copygroup to point to the other pool.

In addition, You *should* define a second 'copy' storagepool and
schedule 'backup stgpool' on a daily basis. If not, and a tape is
damaged, Your data is gone. And - with incrementals - You might not have
any other version to restore.

Regards

Roger Hohmann

--