ADSM-L

Re: How to move tapepool 3570 -> 3575

1999-07-27 04:46:24
Subject: Re: How to move tapepool 3570 -> 3575
From: Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:46:24 +0200
If I have to move data from one media to another, I use the following
way:

1) Define stgpools with new media
2) Let point all mgmtpools to new pools, so all new backups will go into
new lib
3) Define copy stgpools for new pools
3) Set the new stgp as migration target of old primary pools and migrate
all data
(maybe wait to start migration until most data on old pools is expired)
4) Delete old empty primary pools
5) Delete volumes of old copypools (which can't be migrated) and delete
old copypools.

Finished!

Regards
Roger