ADSM-L

Novell Restore Question

1999-07-26 19:06:44
Subject: Novell Restore Question
From: Bob Schatz <bgschatz AT EQUITABLE-OF-IOWA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:06:44 -0500
I've done the restore you're talking about a lot.  The easiest way that I can
do it is as follows:

First I unload ADSM and TSA410 from the server I want to restore from, this is
for safety.  Then I unload ADSM from the server I want to restore to.  Next I
modify the DSM.OPT on the server I want to restore to and tell ADSM that it is
really the server I want to restore from.  Then I finally reload ADSM.

I then use a command line similar to the following:

restore server1/vol1:/* server2/vol1:/ -pitd=07/08/99

I've tried the other method of giving the second server rights to the first
servers filespaces, but the restores always failed part way through.