ADSM-L

Full backup of a node

1999-07-26 11:39:30
Subject: Full backup of a node
From: Susan Wright <S.Wright AT LABSAFETY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:39:30 -0500
I am trying to get a full backup of a node before we install some software.
I am running AIX 4.3.2,  ADSM Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.1

I have used the "dsmc select / -subdir=y -tapeprompt=n" command and it says
that it backup 7,500+ files and total was 4 MB backed up. The amount seems
small to me. This node has oracle on it and they said that it alone was
400MB. This RS/6000 systems is still in the early stages of development and
is not running any production yet. I also want it to go directly to tape.
How do I do this.

I also tried the "dsmc inc / ...." command

Any help is appreciated.

TIA

Susan Wright
Lab Safety Supply.