ADSM-L

Re: ADSM - DLT

1999-07-26 10:13:23
Subject: Re: ADSM - DLT
From: Matthew Warren <WARREN AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:13:23 +0200
A shell script to backup 4 f/s in parallel is easy,

#!/bin/ksh
dsmc i /a/b/c &
dsmc i /a/b/d &
dsmc i /a/b/e &
dsmc i /z/x/y &
wait

Started by a schedule this will run 4 backup streams to ADSM, if your
Stgpool settings are correct then 4 drives will be used.

wait means the script will not reurn and update the schedule as finished
untill a 4 streams have completed.

You wont get 4X the throughput though.

Matthew.

Either - use ebu with 4 parallel sessions,
or - build a shell script which back-up 4 filesystems in parallel. Not
easy.

Regards
Roger

Vanderlei Pelizer schrieb:

> From: Vanderlei Pelizer Pereira on 07/26/99 09:31 AM
>
> I4ve around 300 Gb(Oracle) in disk. My question is:
>  I can Back-Up this Db using simultaneous 4 drives in Library DLT ?
>
> My environment is:
>
> AIX  V4.2
> ADSM V3.2
> Library DLT-HP 4 drives