ADSM-L

Re: Recovery of Exchange - was: backing up Exchange

1999-07-23 10:46:18
Subject: Re: Recovery of Exchange - was: backing up Exchange
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 10:46:18 -0400

> Eliza,
>
> If the info store doesn't start check the following...
>
> That when you did the restore of the full that you did select the option to
> delete any existing log files. If you don't do this then your Exchange
> database will be inconsistent.
>
> Check the MTA directory. If there's garbage in there then you probably won't
> be able to start the info store either.
>
> Nathan

Nathan,

I remember I deleted all the IS logs before the restore.  I never checked
the MTA directory.  I will keep that in mind.  Thanks

Eliza

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                email : eliza.lau AT vt DOT edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                           phone : (540) 231-9399