ADSM-L

Re: Can users perform their own restores on UNIX?

1999-07-22 13:38:58
Subject: Re: Can users perform their own restores on UNIX?
From: Reinhold Wagner <rwagner AT ZEUNASTAERKER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:38:58 +0200
Thomas,

thanks for your answer, but i'm afraid i did not describe my
problem clear enough.

As far as i understand, must dsm be executed on the ADSM
client in order to respect the user rights. We'd like to
achieve that the CAD user must noch leave his workstation

The CAD user should have a simple command which calls
a dsm on his solaris file server and displays the
dsm GUI on the users workstation. This could be
done with rsh but is not accepted by the solaris
administrator.

Is there another method available?

Reinhold Wagner, Zeuna Staerker GmbH & Co. KG

"Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM> on 22.07.99 16:08:51

Bitte antworten an "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>