ADSM-L

Re: Production NetWare client down and cannot restore 5GB

1999-07-21 12:58:57
Subject: Re: Production NetWare client down and cannot restore 5GB
From: S W Branch <SWBRANC AT PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:58:57 -0500
On the Netware side here's a couple of things that might impact the speed of the
restore:
     Is netware configured to immediately compress the files?
     Is virus scanning software that is running against each file that is
restored?

On the networking side, if fast ethernet is being used, be careful about using
autosensing for the connection. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but we
had a mismatch of full duplex/half duplex between our ethernet switch and our
ADSM server (AIX) that resulted in terribly slow restore performance. It seems
like the ADSM client status was frequently in  a SENDW status when that
happened.

Is netware

Steve Branch
Phillips Petroleum