ADSM-L

Update on digest problem

1999-07-20 18:01:56
Subject: Update on digest problem
From: Martha McConaghy <URMMNET AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:01:56 EDT
Here's an update on the problem with the corrupted digests for those of
you who will actually get to see this note.

Currently, it looks like the problem is in our SMTP servers.  I recently
upgraded our TCPIP stack, jumping several releases.  IBM suspects the
problem was introduced with a design change in one of the releases I
skipped.  TCPIP development is working on the problem, though I have
no estimate on when the problem will be fixed.  I'll keep everyone
informed about the problem.

In the meantime, I have all the information I need for the time being, so
you no longer need to forward bad digests to me.  If you receive something
other than what you have already reported, then feel free to forward it
me.

Complete digests can be viewed using our web interface at
www.marist.edu/listserv.

Martha McConaghy - ADSM-L list owner