ADSM-L

Re: Can not Extend Recovery log

1999-07-20 15:48:47
Subject: Re: Can not Extend Recovery log
From: "Marian L. Dalton" <marian.dalton AT CMPCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:48:47 -0400
 Although I see no text in Michael's entry about extending the recovery
log, we had a similar circumstance when we ran into an expiration
process that updated so much of the database that it ran out of recovery
log space before it could complete  the database backup to clear out the
log. In MVS anyway there is a parm when you bring up adsm that allows
you to do that extend at start up.  I assume there is an equivalent in
the other servers. Here's the syntax for mvs;

   //SERVER  EXEC PGM=DSMSERV,PARM='/EXTEND LOG ADSM.RCVRYLOG.EXT9
9',DYNAMNBR=300,TIME=1440,REGION=0M

Note: adsm.rcvrylog.ext9 is the file name of the new log extent

Marian Dalton
Storage Administration
Central Maine Power