ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:41:28
I found a document at the address below that shows how to allow operators
to run selected commands that require root authority without having to log
on as root.

http://service.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/support/rs6000.support/databases

When you get there click on "APAR Database" and search for "menush".

I have scripts for ADSM commands the operators need and use the "menush"
script to run them. It will take sometime and effort to setup the scripts
and the additional account that are needed.

At 02:26 AM 7/20/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I have configured an installation of ADSM 3.1.0.7 on AIX 4.3 and am useing
>SHARED MEMORY as the communications method, when I do a backup from the
>command line as ROOT it executes correctly however when a non root user
>attempts the same thing the user receives a message telling them that they
>can't write to the shared memory area ,
>       Is there a way that I can allow a non root use to do this ?
>

>   Thanks in advance

Rick Saylor             Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7511
Rick Saylor             Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7511
Systems Programmer      5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.    Fax:   (512)223-7156
Information Services    Austin, Texas  78752-4331

--0__=SulKr2YipZQ9exW1RjHW29VOx9rql7ebG1x77pZwtzDeKL39aUDTxNW4--