ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: Exclude files some of the time

1999-07-20 05:28:56
Subject: Antwort: Re: Exclude files some of the time
From: Sabine Rettenberger <Sabine.Rettenberger AT WOLF-HEIZTECHNIK DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:28:56 +0100
... or you define a second node and a second service with the
"weekend.opt".
With this node you do only a backup on weekend.
So you have no problems with "inactive" Files.
It works very well.

Regards,
Sabine

At 06:54 22.06.99 -0700, Don Burdette wrote:
>I have a group of files that I only want to back up on the weekend. How
>would you make this work?  I know I could do it with two different mgmt
>classes, but I really don't want to that. Is there an easy way to do this?
I'm afraid that's not possible. You could create different option files
with another include-exclude list and then start a backup with
"dsmc incr -optfile=weekend.opt". But the next incremental backup on Monday
will inactivate these files, because they are not included.
Regards,
Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT uos DOT de
Universitaet Osnabrueck       Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28
D-49069 Osnabrueck
Germany