ADSM-L

Re: NT and Quota

1999-07-19 13:19:25
Subject: Re: NT and Quota
From: "Jordan, Chris (ELS)" <c.jordan AT ELSEVIER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:19:25 +0100
Further information on the NT and "not enough quota to complete operation"
errors. Any one with knowledge is very welcome to contribute.....

We have 6 x 36GB logical disks.

If we create (using ADSM or using DSMFMT) 4 x 36GB storage pool volumes,
then we get an error creating on the fifth and sixth disks.

If we create 6 x 10GB volumes (one on each disk) - all is OK. If we create
another 6 x 10GB volumes - all is OK. But we can only create one more 10GB
volume before it fails.

If we create the 12 x 10GB volumes, then (as long as we have re-booted since
the last error) we can create two 2GB volume on each of the six disks....
(i.e. more than the 10GB that failed before!).... but we can't create any
more.

Cheers, Chris