ADSM-L

Accounting Records on AIX

1999-07-19 11:10:41
Subject: Accounting Records on AIX
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:10:41 -0400
Hello all,

     We are beginning to look at turning ACCOUNTING to ON for purposes of
reporting on bytes transferred, etc. for client backups to an AIX ADSM
server.  Can anyone using this comment on any problems that might be
experienced as a result of logging these records, specifically performance
problems?

     Also - anyone have any good scripts they use to query and generate
reports from the accounting logs?  I realize there was some discussion on
this a while back, but haven't been able to find anything in detail from
the listserv logs.  Thanks for any info you can provide,

                              Ginny