ADSM-L

Restoring Exchange

2015-10-04 17:41:28
Subject: Restoring Exchange
From: Ittner, Sean [mailto:Sean.Ittner AT SEA.SIEMENS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello all - I am a newbie here but I thought I understood ADSM.  I am trying
to restore my exchange database to another machine so that I can recover a
mailbox.  I have followed all the steps from both the ADSM documentation and
the Microsoft documentation but I cannot get the Information Store to
restart after I have restored it.  The event viewer reports problems with
the transaction logs and not being able to read them.  Am I missing a step?
I installed exchange to the same service level, set the logging to match the
production machine (no circular logging), restored the private database
using the ADSM agent......
Anyone have experience making this work?

Sean Ittner
Siemens Energy & Automation