ADSM-L

Re: Another newcommer question

1999-07-14 17:46:42
Subject: Re: Another newcommer question
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:46:42 -0700
Susan,

Are you backing up directly to tape? How many scheduled sessions
are allowed at any one time ('q stat') ? Do you see more than one
session at a time during the schedule's window?

My guess is that 1) you're backing up directly to tape; 2) the
storage pool to which your backups are being sent has only one
tape drive OR your maximum scheduled sessions is set to 1;
3) this is the first backup of your hosts, and it is taking
longer than one hour to backup the one host that is being
contacted.

You should probably either monitor the server during the
scheduled window, or you should look at the activity log from
that period, in order to see what activity is happening on the
server. Maybe the server is unable to contact the clients, maybe
I was actually right in any of my guesses above, etc. At any
rate, this could be caused by a whole lot of different things and
you would need to look for some additional information in order
to better troubleshoot the problem.

 -- Tom