ADSM-L

DB2, anyone?

1999-07-14 15:31:44
Subject: DB2, anyone?
From: Tomas Hallin <thwork AT MINDSPRING DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 15:31:44 -0400
Hello,

I'm having some difficulties setting up DB2/UDB V5 on NT to back up to
ADSM/NT 3.1.2.20.  Well, actually, backing up works fine when I stick
the "USE ADSM" into the DB2 backup command.  But restoring... when
running the DB2 restore command, sticking "USE ADSM" in it, it fails
with an incorrect password message.  Another symptom of what might be
the same thing is that when I try using DB2ADUTL I have to supply
nodename and password, even though the examples in the DB2
documentation don't even mention those parameters.  I have the nodename
and password setup in dsm.opt, and the DSMI_CONFIG variable pointing to
them as it should.  Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

/Tomas

Tomas Hallin
Affinity Technology Group