ADSM-L

Re: SQL Server Agent Query

1999-07-13 09:12:42
Subject: Re: SQL Server Agent Query
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:12:42 -0400
Neil,

Since SQL 7.0 wasn't officially out when we released PTF 1 of the
SQL Agent, we couldn't mention SQL 7.0...but SQL 7.0 is supported.
On the SQL Agent under SQL Server 7.0, recovery for the command-line
program is controlled through the following option:

     /RECOVERY:Yes|No       (Default is "Yes")

So, for example, here is a set of restore commands:

     sqldsmc /restorefull:pubs,06231999101053.db   /recovery:no
     sqldsmc /restoreincr:pubs,06241999081002.log  /recovery:no
     sqldsmc /restoreincr:pubs,06251999120434.log  /recovery:no
     sqldsmc /restoreincr:pubs,06261999052023.log  /recovery:yes

Notice that the last incremental is restored with
the /recovery:yes option which tells the SQL Server to run
recovery after the restore is complete.
(The GUI program handles this for you automatically as long as you
choose all of the objects to restore at once.)

As far as futures...all three things that you mention are in our plans
to add to the SQL Agent.  At this time, I cannot give specific dates,
but we do know that you want them and we are working on them.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development