ADSM-L

AIX API 3.1.0.7

1999-07-13 08:41:47
Subject: AIX API 3.1.0.7
From: Rainer Holzinger <Rainer.Holzinger AT DOMINO.HAINDL DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:41:47 +0200
Hi all,

I have updated the B/A client from 3.1.0.5 to 3.1.0.7 without any problems.
I feel the 3.1.0. cleint is faster, especially on archives.

Now I tried to upgrade the API client as well from 3.1.0.5 to 3.1.0.7. We
use informix 7.23 uc5 within our SAP R/3 Systems (3.1H) and the onbar
program to backup the database with an ADSM schedule. This worked very well
with 3.1.0.5. In 3.1.0.7 it seems that as soon a dbspace has been backed
up, the onbar program "asks" the storage manager about the just completed
backup to receive informations about the backup (e.g. for possible
restores). The ADSM api  3.1.0.7 seems to pass to onbar that there are no
informations about the regarding dbspace and the informix database backup
abends. The automatic informix log backup still works pretty good.

Does anybody of you have already tested this? I tried this within a non-SAP
Informix 7.30 database and didn't had problems. I opened a problem with IBM
but the answer was to talk to informix about it.

Is it mandatory to have the B/A client and the api client at the same level
or can i run the B/A client at 3.1.0.7 and the api client at 3.1.0.5?

Any feedback is welcome.

TIA
Rainer