ADSM-L

OS/390 Ver. 3.1.2.20 Server and ARCTVEXT

1999-07-12 14:10:16
Subject: OS/390 Ver. 3.1.2.20 Server and ARCTVEXT
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:10:16 -0400
     Has anyone running version 3.1.2.20 of the OS/390 server had a problem
with the scratch exit ARCTVEXT?  I am getting ready to upgrade to the 20
level and find in testing that when deleting a volume through a MOVE DATA
command the SCRATCH indicator in TLMS 5.4 is not updated to YES (even
though the SCRDT field is updated with the appropriate date).  I placed a
call to CA, and they indicated this is a problem specific to ADSM's use of
the exit, in that a MOVE DATA calls a CLOSE FOR OUTPUT rather than INPUT,
causing TLMS to disallow scratching.  I can't believe I'm the only one with
this problem??

                         Ginny