ADSM-L

Descriptions for NT Event IDs

1999-07-12 12:26:52
Subject: Descriptions for NT Event IDs
From: "Klein, Robert (CIT)" <kleinr AT EXCHANGE.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:26:52 -0400
I just installed PTF7 for NT (after uninstalling my previous version of the NT
ADSM client).  Everything is working, but when I go into the NT application
event log, I get messages of the form "The description for Event ID (xxxx) in
Source (ADSMClientService) could not be found'.  The messages then go on to
provide the strings that should be inserted in the event description.  I gather
some sort of template is missing.  Is there some way of getting them without
doing a reinstall?  Any hints as to where they might be would be most
appreciated, since the formatted event messages are much easier to read.

Thanks.