ADSM-L

Re: Unicode mode ?

1999-07-12 08:43:28
Subject: Re: Unicode mode ?
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 07:43:28 -0500
One of my clients had this problem a while back.  Here's a couple of the
having the problem, was replaced before anything was fully determined and
fixed.  Hope this helps some.

Hi Betsy,

I also don't know much about UNICODE but you might set
the useunicodefilenames option to yes in the client options file.
(used to provide support for MAC-files on NT)

Regards
     Mecki

Hi Betsy!
99% chance that the computer name of this client is changed.
The ADSM client tries to connect to the ADSM server using a new client name
(since the nodename is the computername if not specified otherwise in the
dsm.opt) while the server contacts the client using the old client name.
I have seen this here too. The solution is to rename the ADSM client at the
server side. Don't forget to rename de filespaces too since the computer
name is part of the UNC name.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 07/12/99 06:48:49 AM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ INTERNET