ADSM-L

MS Cluster registry backup

2015-10-04 17:41:27
Subject: MS Cluster registry backup
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
MS Cluster server has a new registry hive called CLUSTER that holds cluster
configuration info.  It can be viewed with REGEDT32 and backed up with the
native NT backup program and REGBACK.  This hive resides in the directory in
which the clustering software is installed in and has a filename of CLUSDB.

ADSM client 3.1.0.7 has clustering failover support, but doesn't backup this
hive as far as I can see.  Will this be fixed in a future PTF?

For now, I'm going to have to schedule a REGBACK of the hive before ADSM
does a backup of C: unless someone has a better idea.

Thanks - James Louie, Nabisco Inc.