ADSM-L

Re: MS Cluster registry backup

1999-07-08 12:18:57
Subject: Re: MS Cluster registry backup
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:18:57 -0500
I just did an NT regback followed by an ADSM regback on a cluster server.

I then did a windiff against the files and although windiff reported
different versions, the hives were identical in size.
Furthermore c:\winnt\system32\config   shows that there are still just the
same sam,security,software and system hives.. I don't see a cluster hive
here.

The cluster appears to be part of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which is backed up both
by ADSM and by Regback....

However I did notice though that in the C:\winnt\cluster directory that
there does appear to be two files which are locked for exclusive access by
the server
and appear to have a format similar to a registry hive - i.e. hive and log.

Perhaps someone with more indepth knowledge of MS Cluster server would be
able to explain it.

Nathan