ADSM-L

Question regarding rename filespace

1999-07-08 07:00:43
Subject: Question regarding rename filespace
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 13:00:43 +0200
Hi,
I user asked me an interesting question. He upgraded his IRIX system to
a new level. Before using ADSM backup again he wanted to preserve the
files in 2 certain filespaces backed up on the previous system. I
considered renaming the filespaces. Reading the ref manual I couldn't
figure out what happens to these renamed filespaces when the ADSM
client doesn't find it on the node. Will all files in these filespace
be marked deleted? Or will the client ignore them?

BTW, I renamed the whole node and did a new registration. Are there
other ways?

Best regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany