ADSM-L

Re: "Full" backup suggestions

1999-07-06 23:58:03
Subject: Re: "Full" backup suggestions
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 23:58:03 -0400
Thanks for the comments, I think the consensus is that archive is the way to
go.  I agree.  I can also easily redirect weekly database backups to a
different storage pool than the "daily kept forever" backups, and send
copies of it offsite.  I explained the risks to management, and, in light of
the costs, they are willing to accept them, or so they say now.

Our only other alternative would appear to be purchasing a lower cost media
for offsite use.  Convincing them to invest in more hardware would be
difficult at this point.

Thanks again for all your input and suggestions.