ADSM-L

adsm system error on HP

1999-07-06 10:05:41
Subject: adsm system error on HP
From: "CANNAM, CYNTHIA (SWBT)" <CC5657 AT MOMAIL.SBC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:05:41 -0500
Client platform: HP-UX V9.x (and no plans for upgrade --- machine going away
soon)
ADSM level: upgraded on the fly to V2.1.0.8 to remedy client "hang" (was
previously on V2.1.0.0!!!)
ADSM server platform: OS/390
ADSM server level: 3.1.2.2

Error received: ANS4081I --- Unknown system error 150 --- unknown and
unexpected error code occurred in the client program; this is a programming
error; the client program aborts as a result. Retry the operation; if this
also fails, see your administrator.

During a restore attempt late yesterday evening, the above message occurred
on a specific file group each time the restore was tried. I managed to get
around the initial problem, and was able to get the desired files back where
the users needed them, but now in the post-mortem, I have to determine what
problems (besides the fact that the client is so far back-leveled) led to
the lengthy restore scenario. I've found the message in the V2 client
messages manual, but the explanation is rather vague. Has anyone else seen
this message? What was/were the cause/causes? What was/were the
solution/solutions?

Thanks much!

Cindy Cannam
SWBT

*       Cynthia L. (Cindy) Cannam, MBA
*       Southwestern Bell Telephone
*       Systems Manager/Technical Support
*       Open Systems Storage - ADSM
*       (314)340-0722 work
*       (314)879-1696 pager
*       (314)340-0992 fax