ADSM-L

ADSM Quality control and services

1999-07-02 07:02:07
Subject: ADSM Quality control and services
From: Edouard Lauer <Edouard.Lauer AT BIL-DEXIA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:02:07 +0200
Hi,

I'm very upset with PMR handling by IBM about the ADSM product. 2 months
ago we did upgrade the ADSM server 3.1.1.5 on AIX 4.2.1 to 3.1.2.20. Till
then
we encountered regularly problems with ADSM NT clients. Worst is that 2
weeks
ago our server crashed and we opened an PMR 13123 and send to IBM the core
dump. From that day our server crashes regularly and all IBM can say is that
they're
analyzing the core dump. Today the neverending story continued and I asked
IBM spok's in Belgium what's the status of the PMR. Because noone was
disponible
at the moment y said to the person on the phone that they should call us
back
urgently. From that time 2 hours have passed and noone has called.
From our side we've tried everything what's possible. Reorganizing raw
devices,
decreasing bufpoolsize and logpoolsize, restoring the db to an more older
situation,
upgrading to 3.1.2.24.....
Now what we'll try is to go from raw devices to jfs for the db's and log's
of ADSM
and hoping that IBM will be releasing 3.1.2.30 very, very soon?

Regards,
______ Prod. informatique ____ Systèmes Ouverts ________
__ * +352 4590 3889 __ * Edouard.Lauer AT bil-dexia DOT com __

An electronic message is not binding on its sender.
Any message referring to a binding engagement must be confirmed in writing and
duly signed.