ADSM-L

Re: exclude.fs question, how to force backup of only C:\Data

1999-07-02 03:30:25
Subject: Re: exclude.fs question, how to force backup of only C:\Data
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 09:30:25 +0200
Hello,

we backup all our laptops (Win95) and adopted the following parameters
(dsm.opt, cloptset) to avoid anything outside of C:\Data to be backedup. You
can of course adapt the parameters if you want to allow for entire C: or any
other difference.

N.B. The dsm.opt is stored centrally on a Vetware server, the user only find
a menu entry under the START button entitled: "User's data backup". So he
has no possibility to modify the dsm.opt.

In the dsm.opt :

**************************
*
domain c:
* removable and network drives excluded from backup (non-official)
 Test ExcludeNetworkFS,  ExcludeRemovableFS
*
***************************

Option set stored on the server:

*
INCLEXCL          0            No           Exclude ?:\...\*
INCLEXCL          1            No           Include C:\Data\...\*
INCLEXCL          2            No           Include C:\Windows\Outlprnt
INCLEXCL          3            No           Include C:\Windows\*.fav
INCLEXCL          4            No           Include C:\Windows\*.pcb
INCLEXCL          5            No           Include C:\Windows\*.xlb
*