ADSM-L

Re: Request for Proposal - New ADSM Server

1999-06-29 07:19:42
Subject: Re: Request for Proposal - New ADSM Server
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:19:42 GMT
Replying to: JerryLawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM> (Thu, 27 May 1999
15:41:42 -0400)

[...]
>If you had the option of platform, which one would you pick to support a 400
>user desktop environment? (No servers at this time.)  Is NT robust enough to
>handle it, or would AIX or Solaris be a better choice?  How big would you
>make the server, and which Tape solution would you recommend?
>
>This is not a "blue sky, if I had a million" question - we do have to have a
>reasonable price tag on this solution, so please don't get too carried away
>in your proposed configuration.

As others have said, AIX should be the best choice, I'd start with an F50,
2-ways and SSA disk. As for the tape library, IMO the best choice could be
an IBM 3575 Magstar MP tape library.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,