ADSM-L

ORACLE CONNECT AGENT - CATALOG REstore

2015-10-04 17:42:38
Subject: ORACLE CONNECT AGENT - CATALOG REstore
From: Thiha Than [mailto:thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>But when I wish to restore the catalog database from csifiws8062 ( TARGET
>database machine) it gives the below error on the server. The EBU Restore
>process waits indefinitely in trying to restore the catalog.

>Question: how do I restore this catalog which I know is backed up?. I
>succeeded in restoring it in when both the database ( both the catalog
>database are up and running)

When EBU tries to restore the catalog database, it sends a lot of queries;
basically, it starts from sequence number xxx000 to xxx999 for each day
until it
finds a match.  So, you will see a lot of no objects on the server match
query
messages.

The other thing you can do is to specify the sequence number.  If you want
restore the sequence number 20 from 06/25/99, you can specify

         restore catalog=<ebu catalog name> to="06/26/1999" seq=20

The other problem you might be running into is that you initiated your
backups
from catalog database node and trying to restore from target database node;
thus
agent cannot find the backups.
From which node, catalog or target, did you back up?  If you initiated your
backups from the catalog database and trying to restore from target
database,
you will have to use DSMO_NODE=csifiws8064 environment variable to query the
backups done from csifiws8064 machine.  Don't forget to generate the
password
file ADSMO.csifiws8064 on your target node.

regards,
Thiha