ADSM-L

long file name restoration and novell

1999-06-24 12:30:20
Subject: long file name restoration and novell
From: Dan Laden <dladen AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:30:20 -0700
Hello Everyone,

I am having sporatic errors with my ADSM restores. I have NT profiles
stored to my novell server. I have done 5 different profile restores.
Three have come back in 8.3 format while the other two in long file
name format. All the profiles are capture during the nightly
inclemental backup.

Any way of determining what format it will come back in?  Any way to
influence it?

The ADSM server is on MVS 3.1.2.20 and the clients are 3.1.06.  I am
using the web GUI to do the restores.  I am restoring to a temporary
location which supports LFN. The data being restore is only two days
old.

Thanks,
Dan Laden