ADSM-L

"default client domain" changes..

1999-06-21 16:24:49
Subject: "default client domain" changes..
From: Tom Tann{s <tom.tannas AT USIT.UIO DOT NO>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:24:49 +0200
I have submittet this problem to IBM-support, but the response is slow, so
I will put a note here as well while  waiting....

Anyone else seen/ had problems whith this?

A clients (unix-clients..) "default client domain"
for the dsmc schedule-process is established at process startup.
In my case from domain-entries in the dsm.opt-file.

If I change dsm.opt (or even dsm.sys or inclexcl) the dsmc scheduler has
to be restarted to include the changes.
However, this is not always true if the client get a schedule containing
the -domain-optin

These are the effects I have observed on the client scheduler when using
the -domain-option:

A client is running daily incrementals scheduled on the server like this:

            Policy Domain Name: USIT_COLL
                 Schedule Name: DAGLIG_1
                        Action: Incremental
                       Objects:
               Start Date/Time: 08/25/98   19:30:00
                      Duration: 90 Minute(s)
                        Period: 1 Day(s)
                   Day of Week: Weekday
                    Expiration:
Last Update by (administrator): TOM
         Last Update Date/Time: 08/24/98   17:02:50
              Managing profile:

The client gets one schedule from the server looking like the above
except for

                        Period: Onetime

After this, /foo is included in the default client domain until the
scheduler is restarted.
This happens on both V2 and V3-clients.

-------------------
If the "onetime"-schedule above is like this:
If the "onetime"-schedule above is like this:

                        Action: Macro
                       Objects: /etc/adsm_macro

And /etc/adsm_macro contains the line "incremental -domain=/foo"

Then the V2 and V3-clients behave different.

The V2-client adds /foo to the domain-list for this command only, but the
V3-client's scheduler adds /foo to its domain-list for the rest of its
life...

There is nowhere mentioned that the -domain-option cannot be used in a
schedule, as far as I know...
Or am I wrong?

Anyone?

                                                       Tom