ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Problems under NW with Selective backup Jobe

1999-06-18 04:42:05
Subject: Re: Antwort: Problems under NW with Selective backup Jobe
From: Mike Glassman - Admin <admin AT IAA.GOV DOT IL>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:42:05 +0200
OK,

The * was a mistake, it was from the cut and paste I did, and should not
have been there. My mistake.

I think part of my problem is actually the definition of the scheduled
backup job in the Administrative client.

I have it set up under Backup/Archive Schedules for the specific server
under the Operation tab as Selective in the Action field, and under the
Objects field, I have SYS: V_VOL1: (a space between the two).

Now I'm getting the following error in the error log :

06/17/1999 22:34:49 ANS1081E Invalid search file specification 'SYS:'
entered 06/17/1999 22:34:49 ANS1081E Invalid search file specification
'V_VOL1:' entered
06/17/1999 22:34:49 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'SDEDOV' failed.  Return code =
4.

I can't seem to find the correct syntax to put in the Objects field to tell
the server to backup both volumes on the server. I tried a * and that didn't
work either.

Any help here ?

As to the .FILE being spaced from the Exclude, that's because it's how it's
written in the manual, but I'll change that to no spaces between.

And I use a * and not a ? in the \*:\...\FILE-NAME because I am refering to
a volume and not to a drive letter. Under Netware, you can't define a drive
letter on the server command line, as you can't map drive letters on a
server.

Mike