ADSM-L

Re-installing ADSM server

1999-06-17 08:59:50
Subject: Re-installing ADSM server
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:59:50 +0200
Hi ADSM-ers!
One of my customers is using a ADSM server on AIX (3.1.2.20) which was
installed by an external company. The customer asked us to manage his server
for him. In order to do this we have to re-install AIX. The current AIX
configuration is not secure enough.
The AIX guys will do the re-install, I will have to do the ADSM part
afterwards.
I will do the following before the re-install:

1) I will make a full database backup and write down the tape label.
2) I will copy the .lic files to a floppy disk.
3) I will backup the device configuration file to floppy disk by issuing the

BACKUP DEVCONFIG command.
After re-installing AIX I will:

1) Install ADSM
2) Restore the .lic files and issue the LICENSE commands.
3) Restore the device configuration file.
4) Restore the database

Am I forgetting something? Any input will be very much appreciated!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon