ADSM-L

DRM Help!

1999-06-17 08:38:29
Subject: DRM Help!
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:38:29 -0400
     I need some quick help.  If you've got an answer, please send to me
directly, as I get the digested version and can't afford to wait until
tomorrow!

     I have been doing some testing with DRM, and I have about 60+ tapes
allocated to offsite copies - but the tapes are really here onsite.  Anyway
this morning I notice I am out of scratch volumes in my 3494 ATL.  So,
I'm trying to delete the data on the volumes that are in various states of
DRM - VAULT, MOUNTABLE, NOTMOUNTABLE, etc.  It let me delete the tapes in
the VAULTRETRIEVE state only - it does not recognize any of the other
states as being volumes owned by ADSM (I get an error message 'A00164 not
defined in a storage pool').  It also appears that I cannot move the media
from the VAULT state into an onsite state or VAULTRETRIEVE state for
deletion.

     Does anyone have any experience with this??

                              Thx,

                              Ginny