ADSM-L

Re: Selective Backup & Management Class - What Is It I Don

1999-06-16 16:53:16
Subject: Re: Selective Backup & Management Class - What Is It I Don
From: Steven Chaba <Steven_Chaba AT RGE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:53:16 -0400
>     Oh, you did make sure and validate & activate the domain once you
>     defined the new management class...  check your dsmerror.log from
your
>     selective to see if there are any messages about where a mgmtclass
>     might not have existed thus the default was used.

Dwight and all:

The above was the problem. Thanks for your quick and deadly
troubleshooting.
We, who pretend to understand ADSM in order to please our management, are
in your debt.

As far as the archive goes, I did think that far (amazing, ain't it?), but
decided to do it this way since we want
both this "full" backup, and also to continue to pick up incrementals as
our testing proceeds.

Regards, Steven