ADSM-L

Password Changes: Web Admin vs. Client App.???

1999-06-16 10:10:03
Subject: Password Changes: Web Admin vs. Client App.???
From: Matthew Stansel <matthew.stansel AT YALE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:10:03 -0400
We have noticed some strange behavior concerning node passwords.

    After a node had been registered and working well, we tried to
change the
password. The change works great when logging in from the Backup/Restore

Client but not from the Web Admin applet. The web piece requires the
original PW - strange.
    We have about fifteen admin-type users that create/change nodes for
the
user community. They use both the backup/restore client and the web
admin
tool. They need to have the ability to change the pw they use for admin
purposes.
At this time, even the "Admin" ID cannot successfully change the pw used
for
the web admin piece.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,