ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Database to SQL Database

1999-06-15 19:06:01
Subject: Re: ADSM Database to SQL Database
From: steveh AT WESLEY.COM DOT AU
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 09:06:01 +1000
Hi Nathan,

Yes, I've toyed with the idea of running an ODBC client on AIX to run queries
against the ADSM database that could then be placed into
an Oracle database for historical tracking purposes.  The only free ODBC driver
that I could find was libiodbc at
http://www.openlinsw.com/iodbc  but this wouldn't compile out of the box on my
level of AIX at version 2.50, and I don't have the skill set or time
to get it working properly. For a client, I was going to use the Perl ODBC
driver available from CPAN

I'd love to know if you do get it going and find it useful.

Regards

Steve Harris
AIX/Oracle/ADSM Guy
The Wesley Hospital
Brisbane Australia

I'd rather be singing Barbershop Harmony.

"Norrgard, Nathan" <NNorrgard AT LIBERTY-BANK DOT COM> on 06/16/99 01:24:48 AM