ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:42:38
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of=
Moir,Betsy
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 1999 7:09 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Re: reclamation

Basically, as data becomes old or expired or deleted it is marked for
reclamation,  and when ADSM reclaims tapes (it's sort of a merge/purge
process), the "active" files on a tape are moved to another tape and th=
e old
tape is returned to the scratch pool.  This reclamation process is
determined
by a reclamation threshhold that is set in the stgpool definition - REC=
=3D999.

To automate the reclamation process, we drop our reclamation threshhold=
 on
the weekend to rec=3D10 with an admin schedule.

Define sched schedname type=3Dadmin cmd=3DUpdate stgpool stgpoolname re=
c=3D10.

The reclamation threshold indicates how much reclaimable space a volume=
 must
have before ADSM reclaims the volume.  When it's set to 10, only 10% of=
volume has to be expired, deleted or aged files.  We return the reclama=
tion
threshold to rec=3D100 during the week so that no reclamation takes pla=
ce.

More information about how to set up admin schedules and what levels
reclamation thresholds should be set at can be found in the Admin Guide=
.

Hope this helps.

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 06/15/99 07:50:48 AM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ INTERNET