ADSM-L

NT client backup session 'comes to halt'!!!!

1999-06-14 14:21:40
Subject: NT client backup session 'comes to halt'!!!!
From: Tom Haddad <thaddad AT COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:21:40 -0400
I have an NT 4.0 client with v3.1.0.5 run on ADSM v3.1.20 (AIX) server.
This one client  has MS Clustering BUT heres the scenario.

Im testing the a backup ONLY of the local C: drive.
The server also has a share of F$.
When  the scheduled started, I saw the session  on the ADSM server, but when
the backup was so far into the C: .. this occurred...

ANS1809E SESSION IS LOST; Initializing session reopen procedure...

This reopen is attempted so many time and then fails.
I changed the OPT  'DOMAIN' to  the F$ only and got the same situation.

One both instances ASDM recognizes the drive, backs up so much (little) data,
and then fails.
If I watch the SESSION on the server, the WAIT TIME hits begins to climb
I dont wait too long... I cancel the session.