ADSM-L

Re: NetWare performance w 3.1.0.7 client and older server

1999-06-14 13:06:59
Subject: Re: NetWare performance w 3.1.0.7 client and older server
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:06:59 -0400
Last week I posted a question about ADSM performance on the new 3.1.0.7
client.  Here is an update on what we have found.  After adjusting some
tuning options, we were able to get performance back to what it was before.
 The parameters that we adjusted were:

largecommbuffers yes
memoryefficientbackup no

I believe the culprit was memoryefficientbackup.  Somewhere along the line,
the default for this option was changed from "no" to "yes" for some reason.
 I did not see any mention of this change in the README file for the
3.1.0.7 client, but the latest version of the User's Guide does indeed have
a different default documented for this option.

..Paul