ADSM-L

Oracle backup agent question

1999-06-11 12:06:35
Subject: Oracle backup agent question
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:06:35 -0600
hi,

>We are running a pilot with the Oracle Backup Agent on Sun Solaris.
>We have followed every step of the manual but when we run the backup the
>backup files is created but is never being sent to ADSM.
>Can anybody help me with this?
>Here is the output from the command:

>RMAN-08013: channel adsm_tape_xm01t: piece 1 created
>RMAN-08503: piece handle=/data0001/ora/xm01t/backup/xm01t_367767443_28_1
>comment=API Version 1.1,MMS Version 8.0.5.0
>RMAN-03023: executing command: partial resync

>Thanks in advance for any reply!
>Kindest regards,
>Eric van Loon

The reason that you don't see any activity on the ADSM side is you are still
using Oracle's internal library which back up the files to the disk.  You will
have to relink the oracle with the ADSM agent library. First of all you might
want to make sure that you are  using agent level 2.1.0.7 with the latest
fixtest.  If you are not, you should down load them from the web.  After
installing the agent, to relink:

 shut down all your oracle instances.
 there is a library libobk.something under your $ORACLE_HOME directory.  move
that file to another name.
 then issue the following command from $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
   $ make -f ins_rdbms.mk LLIBMM=/usr/lib/libobk.so ioracle

That should relink the agent library with the oracle.

regards,
Thiha